- This event has passed.
22nd KPN Scaleup Afternoon – Accelerators en incubators in the Netherlands
January 25, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
On behalf of the teams of KPN Liaison and KPN Ventures, we welcome you again to our 22nd KPN Scaleup Afternoon – The accelerator and incubator landscape in the Dutch ecosystem
The program of the event
15:00 – 15:10 Plenary opening
15:10 – 15:55 Panel discussion about the topic
- Anne Strobos (Techleap)
- John Bell (High TechXL)
- Ever Jaap Lugt (Yes!Delft)
- Cees-Jan Groen (VentureLab)
- Rune Theill (Rockstart)
15:55 – 16:00 Break + getting ready for speed dates
16:00 – 16:20 1st round of speed dates
16:25 – 16:45 2nd round of speed dates
16:50 – 17:10 3rd round of speed dates
17:10 – 17:25 Break
17:25 – 17:45 4th round of speed dates
17:50 – 18:10 5th and last round of speed dates
Speed dating information
*Registration for speeddates is closed, registration for plenary session is still possible*
We will start the event with a plenary opening. Of course, we’ll try our best to make it an interesting and informative session.
After this, you’ll get the opportunity to speed date with KPN, and with other well-known corporates, and investors. Startups & scaleups can indicate with which of the companies they would like to speed date during the ticketing process (Please be aware that we do our best to take your preference into account, but we have limited speed date spots and a selection has to be made).
The following 1) KPN departments 2) corporates and 3) investors will be present:
1) KPN (for startups & scaleups looking for cooperation’s with-, or investments from KPN)
• KPN Ventures: aims to build value-creating partnerships with innovative European technology companies, accelerating innovation and growth by providing access to capital, industry expertise, technical infrastructure, professional network and channels to customers. Focus on early growth-stage investments (series A/B) in European high growth companies with a minimum recurring revenue of 0.5M; looking for investments (industries = IoT, Connected Home, Digital Health, Cyber Security, Networking Technology, Data & Analytics, Cloud Computing)
• KPN Liaison Management: looking for win-win partnerships with scaleups who offer solutions to challenges that KPN is looking answers for, such as 5G solutions, telco network optimization tools, call center solutions, and more; looking for cooperation, POC’s, fresh point of view (industry = all industries)
• KPN IoT: looking for IoT solutions where KPN can serve as a connectivity provider; looking for cooperation, POC’s (industry = IoT)
• KPN Advanced Analytics: interested in proven AI solutions for our telecom network, data-driven assistants for customer support, knowledge graphs, and other AI solutions; looking for cooperation, POC’s (industry = all industries)
• KPN Data Services Hub: a platform-as-a-service for real time information sharing; looking for cooperation, POC’s and a fresh point of view (industries = (streaming) data, Smart mobility, safety, talking traffic)
• KPN Health: AI data driven healthcare solutions and telemonitoring; looking for cooperation, POC’s, sharing knowledge and a fresh point of view (industries = all industries related to health)
• KPN Security: KPN is a Managed Security Service Provider looking for innovative Cyber Security companies; looking for cooperation, POC’s and sharing knowledge (industries = cyber security)
• KPN 5G: Industry 4.0 applications, e.g. remote assist, predictive maintenance – 5G applications in agriculture – Streaming data by using drones and camera’s for security – Smart Mobility; looking for cooperation, POC’s and a fresh point of view (industries = drones, video management, bodycam, connected factory)
• KPN Retail: responsible for all matters regarding in-store sales including product range, store layout and customer experience. Looking for cutting edge digital gadgets, systems for streamlining everyday store operations, innovative solutions to increase interaction with customers while still maintaining social distancing guidelines; looking for cooperation, POC’s, a fresh point of view (industries = retail, IoT gadgets)
2) Corporates (for startups & scaleups looking for cooperation’s, Proof of Concepts, or sharing knowledge).
• AWS: provides IT infrastructure over the internet with a pay as you go model; looking for cooperation, sharing knowledge & investments (industries = related to cloud services and more specifically focusing on health, tech, IoT; everything AI)
• Microsoft for Startups: works with scaleups to catapult their relationship with Microsoft’s ecosystem of customers and partners; looking for cooperation (industry agnostic)
• Rabobank: financial institution; looking for cooperation, POC’s, a fresh point of view, sharing knowledge and investment opportunities (industries = health, food, maritime, industry)
• Aexus: focuses on business development outsourcing for innovative international tech solutions; looking for cooperation, POC’s, sharing knowledge and a fresh point of view (industries = IoT, Health, Cyber Security, AI, AR, 5G)
• Connekt: independent network for sustainable accessibility in mobility and logistics; looking for (sharing) knowledge (industries = Smart and Sustainable Mobility and logistics)
• EIT Digital: foundation backed by the EU to build a strong digital Europe; looking for investment opportunities, cooperation and POC’s (industries = AI, Data Science, IoT, Low Code, Hardware & Software combinations, the software component is important)
• Yes!Delft: interested in startups that tackle problems within healthcare and education, and solutions based on AI and Blockchain technology; looking for POC’s, (sharing) knowledge, and a fresh point of view (industries = AI, Blockchain, Healthcare, SocialTech)
• City of Rotterdam (Gemeente Rotterdam): The City of Rotterdam is always looking for new companies that can help with innovations in Rotterdam; looking for cooperation, proof of concept, fresh point of view and/or (sharing) knowledge (industries: IoT, Big Data and Security)
• Signify: Market leader in smart LED-lighting. Looking for startups and scaleups that can help revolutionize the Lighting industry. Looking for innovative products, hardware or software solutions they could apply in lighting systems applications
• EY: Accounting and Tax firm who supports fast growing companies with accounting and tax related issues. Looking for fast growing companies who want to professionalize their company; looking for cooperation and/or (sharing) knowledge (all industries)
• Elisa telecom: looking for win-win partnerships with scaleups who offer solutions to challenges that Elisa is looking answers for, such as elderly solutions, telco network optimization tools, tracking solutions, and more; looking for cooperation, POC’s, fresh point of view (industry = all industries)
3) Investors (for startups & scaleups looking for investments).
• ABN AMRO: financial institution focusing on matching companies to informal investors; solely looking for investment opportunities (industries = Dutch companies, with scalable businesses; capital needed up to 2 million)
• Cottonwood Technology Fund: Cottonwood Tech Fund III is a Dutch-American venture capital fund. They make impact investments in Key Enabling Technologies (Deeptech & High-Tech); looking for investments, POC’s, a fresh point of view and sharing knowledge (industries = Deeptech: Photonics, Optics, Microchips, Advanced Materials, Nanotech, Medical Technology, Cleantech/ Energy Transition, Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics. Hardware is an essential. Not only software)
• EIT Digital: foundation backed by the EU to build a strong digital Europe; looking for investment opportunities, cooperation’s, and POC’s (industries = AI, Data Science, IoT, Low Code, Hardware & Software combinations, the software component is important)
• ANWB Partnerships & ventures: ANWB’s primary focus is on companies with a B2C or B2B2C focus, that favour new and/or disruptive solutions with a compelling service offering and strategic relevance to the priorities (Home, Energy, Wellbeing) as well as ANWB’s core propositions. We partner – and selectively make minority investments – with scaling companies that have proven traction and can clearly show the market opportunity.
• Finch Capital: funding the Future of Financial Technology; looking for minority equity investments (industries = fintech, deeptech focusing on the financial sector, financial solutions)
• InnovationQuarter: investing in companies which make technological impact; solely looking for investment opportunities (industries = tech companies from Zuid-Holland, the Netherlands, focusing on IoT, CyberSecurity, AI, Blockchain, Maritime, Deeptech, Health)
• TIIN Capital: investor for cybersecurity startups; solely looking for investment opportunities (industries = cyber security, privacy, IoT related to security)
• Eneco Ventures: invests in startups and scaleups in the growth phase throughout North-Western Europe that accelerate the energy transition; looking for investments (industry = IoT)
• Volta Ventures: invests in Benelux-based early-stage software companies; looking for a fresh point of view and investments (industries = enterprise software, SaaS, cyber security, data, AI/ML, B2B companies)
• Match-Maker Ventures: aim is to scale scale-ups; looking for cooperation (industries = anything that is relevant for operators and telco’s)
• 4impact is a venture capital fund investing in Dutch digital tech4good start-ups focusing on societal and sustainable impact and financial return.
• Health Innovations: invests in startups with a digital health proposition; looking for investments, sharing knowledge & broadening their network (industries = health)
• Curiosity VC: Supporst European founders in building responsible AI software companies to serve and change the world (industries: Enterprise software, Fintech, Cyber Security, LegalTech, PropTech, Marketing/Ecommerce/Logistics)
• Social Impact Fund Rotterdam: Social Impact Fonds Rotterdam is a venture capital fund investing in the growth of social enterprises targeting impact (employment creation for people with a distance to the labour market, debt relief and equality of opportunity) in Rotterdam (Rotterdam based or expanding to Rotterdam).
Interested? Get your ticket on this webpage and join our event!*
*The deadline for the speed dates is January 4th, 2022
Tickets for the plenary part are open until the last day of the event.
We hope you’ll join our online version of the 22nd KPN Scaleup Afternoon!
If you can’t attend our event but ordered a ticket, please cancel your registration in eventbrite inform us via firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance. If you want your data to be removed from our systems please email: email@example.com
We love Innovation, we love Startups & Scaleups!